Things to Do near Savannah, Georgia
Take a Day Trip to the Coast
As one of the most popular southern destinations in the country, Savannah is an excellent base for journeys further along the Georgia coast. With its colorful history, Savannah draws several tourists from around the globe each year while remaining a creative and cultural haven for locals.
There is no shortage of things to do in Savannah. From incredible restaurants to an energetic nightlife, family-friendly sightseeing, and more, Savannah has it all.
Top Savannah Attractions
- Savannah Historic District - Savannah is the largest National Historic Landmark District in the United States. Head to the heart of Savannah to explore museums, churches, mansions, monuments and famous forts of the Revolutionary and Civil War eras.
- River Street - River Street is an iconic Savannah destination. All along River Street, historic buildings have been converted into boutique shops, art galleries and award-winning restaurants. If you are looking for art, culture and entertainment, River Street is the place to go!
- Savannah Riverboat Cruises - Savannah Riverboat Cruises was established in 1991 under the direction of experienced Captain, Jonathan H. Claughton. Both riverboats feature two climate-controlled dining decks and an open-air third deck to view the surrounding sights. This authentic Savannah experience is not-to-be-missed.
Escape to the Georgia Coast
However, what makes Savannah so special is the treasure trove of fun things to do in the surrounding region. Take a day trip from Savannah and discover some of the best sights and sounds Georgia has to offer.
For locals and visitors who are looking for a coastal adventure, take a 30-minute drive to Tybee Island and enjoy beach fun and beautiful ocean views. Find your home away from home when you book your Georgia vacation with Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals.
Top Reasons to Visit Tybee Island
There are several fun things to do beyond the borders of Savannah. For a fun, eclectic mix of activities for the entire family, plan a visit to Tybee Island. Here are a few reasons why you should pack your bags and head to our little beach town:
- Discover Top Events: While Tybee may be a small town, we know how to throw big events. No matter when you decide to visit, there is always an event on the calendar. Whether you’re interested in food, fitness or culture, we have an event on the agenda for you.
- Support Local Business: As a small beach town, Tybee does not fall under conventional tourist trappings. Instead, our shopping scene is predominantly home-grown, selling unique goods and services. From one-of-a-kind shops, restaurants, and museums, our local businesses ensure that your holiday to the island cannot be replicated anywhere else.
- Budget-friendly Holiday: There is never a bad time to visit Tybee. Browse through our budget-conscious accommodations for the best rates on the island. Furthermore, if you plan on visiting Tybee during the off-season, you may score exclusive deals and discounts on vacation rentals to make your trip even more affordable and enjoyable.