Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals remains diligent in keeping our guests, owners, and staff safe during this serious health concern. We are practicing social distancing in the office and requesting housekeeping and maintenance staff to wear personal protective gear while working in all units. In addition to the protective gear, all units are being disinfected and sanitized during cleaning and again during the inspections before and after each guest. Our laundry is brought to an offsite facility and washed and disinfected using the highest quality detergents and dried with an industrial dryer on the highest heat recommended. Our company would like to assure our guests and owners that we are using the appropriate measures to accomplish our goal to keep everyone safe and healthy against this virus.
Although we are very diligent in our housekeeping procedures, the CDC recommends all households consider daily cleaning and disinfecting of "high-touch" surfaces in shared household areas (e.g., tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks). As has been recommended by many authorities, wash your hands often, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Georgia Governor Kemp Shelter in Place order for the State of Georgia expires but continues for medically fragile and elderly Georgians until June 12, 2020. All residents and visitors must practice social distancing and sanitation in accordance with the guidelines for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. All people must sit or stand at least six feet apart from one another. This does not apply to people when they are in their homes. During Shelter In Place order, those designated in the order must stay in their homes unless they are conducting or participating in Essential Services. Essential Services include obtaining necessary supplies such as food and supplies for household consumption, medical supplies, or medication, supplies, and equipment need to work from home, products needed to maintain safety and sanitation of homes. Whenever possible, online order, home delivery, and curbside pickup should be used to gather supplies.
- Tybee Campground, Short Term Vacation Rentals, and Hotels are open.
- Tybee Island Beach is opened. Please remember to stay off the dunes. It is unlawful for any person to pick, gather, remove, walk-in, or otherwise disturb the vegetation present on the sand dunes, including sea oats.
- The City of Tybee and The City of Savannah along with local businesses in each city are opening slowly starting May 1, 2020. Restaurants are open to varying degrees.
- Social Distancing and Safety the Governor’s Orders require social distancing and no gatherings. No groups of more than 10 people. Lifeguard season has not started, therefore no lifeguards will be on the beach. Violations of any of the rules may result in misdemeanor or ordinance citations.
Stay safe & #TybeeOn
Here is a list of resources to help guide you through your trip to tybee during the Covid-19 pandemic.
State of Georgia: https://dph.georgia.gov/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
Federal Emergency Management Agency: https://www.fema.gov/
Chatham County: https://www.gachd.org/local-covid-19-information/
City of Tybee Island Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cityoftybeeisland
City of Savannah Government Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cityofsavannah